Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pictures

One of my favorite things to do growing up was to sit with my mamaw and look at family pictures that she kept piled in a desk drawer. My momma had a similarly stuffed drawer in her desk at home. "momma, tell me about this one....." I would love to hear the stories they would share. When my mamaw died all I wanted were pictures. I save pictures and love even the fuzzy ones. I love digital cameras for the sole reason that I can just keep taking pictures and download them. I don't have to save up money to have them all printed, I can enjoy right away.
This week we went to a photo studio with our coupon for "favorite pose package" for $7.99. I wanted to have pictures of Emma taken and a family photo. We had a good time and then sat down to view the photos and choose our favorite one that we were going to purchase. I kept thinking "I know all we can afford with our budget is the coupon price, but what happens to all the other beautiful pictures. ...they will just be deleted!" I actually got teary-eyed and choked up when I had to chose only one. I am very happy with the one I chose, but still feel sad that I cannot have them all.

No comments: